Manager, Business Intelligence
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Why Choose Us?
Novolex is a leader in packaging innovation, choice, and
sustainability. We manufacture products in paper, plastic and
sustainable materials for the food, retail, health, and industrial
Waddington North America (WNA) offers a broad range of upscale and
casual serviceware solutions for the foodservice industry,
including restaurants, caterers, delis, bakers, and processors. We
offer a wide variety of individually wrapped and single-use
products, the majority of which are made, stocked, and ready to
ship. Our high-quality products include cups, bowls, plates,
cutlery, serving trays and utensils, food containers, and dessert
ware. For additional details, please visit
**Willing to consider candidates located near other WNA/Novolex
sites: Chelmsford, MA, Chattanooga,TN, Holly, NY, Breman, GA,
Lancaster, TX, Houston, TX or City of Industry, CA.
Our Sustainability Commitment
The Novolex sustainability vision is built upon three pillars: our
products, our operations and our people. Each is critically
important to our growth and future as a business. These pillars
form the foundation of our company-wide commitment to
sustainability, helping us achieve our ambitious goals through our
How You'll Perform the Role
The Manager, Business Intelligence will be responsible to lead,
transform and implement best-in-class processes for data integrity
and analytics in the ten locations in the USA and Canada at
Waddington North America Inc. (seven production facilities, two
distribution centers and one headquarter).
Drives continuous improvement projects and feasibility studies for
a current or future scenario. Transform raw data into information,
enabling the company to make faster and right decisions with a
focus on greater customer experience.
* Implement a workflow IT system to track and speed response time
concerning master data management on the customer, supplier, part
number, product specifications, bill of materials, materials
inventory, and production planning parameters set up in the WNA
* Understand and map the data workflow, the reasons why of each
field, the respective impacts for the business if not set up
properly in the ERPs, as well as, the approval needed before any
change. Be a subject matter expert of each ERP module, questioning
the new setup and not acting as a data entry point only.
* Lead data improvements for all types of materials (finished
goods, raw material - resins, packages, labels, Work in Progress -
WIP, etc., re-grind, scrap and Operations - MRO) and commercial
entities, like supplier and customer.
* Develop, consolidate and publish accurate and timely key
performance indicators (KPI), enabling the area leaders to focus
their time and energy on improving the metrics and not developing
* Develop a dashboard to publish all KPIs in only one place.
* Perform meaningful ad-hoc reporting (quantitative and qualitative
analyses), addressing timely business needs.
* Lead with the business intelligence team as needed, key project
* Manage and enhance the performance of existing IT databases.
* Support materials inventory analysis, identifying fast, medium,
and slow-moving items, as well as, deadstock to increase inventory
turns and customer fill rate.
* Foster open and collaborative support from key stakeholders as
such sales, marketing, production, finance, and controlling teams,
pursuing continuous improvement in our business and a better data
flow (eliminate no value-added activities).
How will you be measured? Main Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
* User Requests Response Time (whole process and specifically to
the business intelligence team).
* Projects are delivered according to the scope, cost, and
* Key Performance Indicators delivered accurately and timely.
Leadership Skills * Lead by example.
* Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through
* Strategic thinking.
* Lead projects with strict deadlines and influence
decision-makers. * Problem analysis and resolution at both a
strategic and functional level.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including
* Conflict resolution and mediation skills.
* Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects.
1. Initiative and Winner Attitude.
2. High Commitment to the team's needs and company goals.
3. High-Performance Team Builder with a hands-on attitude.
4. Detailed-oriented and outstanding analytical skills.
5. Challenge status quo, pursuing continuous improvement.
What We Need From You
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Data Analytics, or
Business Administration. Other disciplines might be accepted,
depending on candidate data integrity and analytics experience. A
Master of Science in Data Analytics is a great differentiator.
* IFS and Epicor CMS ERPs experience well desired. Knowledge in the
data warehouse, like IBM Cognos, and MS Power BI.
* Savvy in data management and Microsoft software (Excel - Pivot
tables, V-lookup, and Macro plus PowerPoint. Access and SQL
programming is a plus).
* Project Management Professional (PM) and/or Six Sigma Black Belt
certified highly preferred.
* Experience in supply chain management (demand forecasting,
materials inventory management, production planning) and operations
* Fluency in English and a second language such as Spanish or
French is a plus.
What You'll Get From Us
With safety as our top priority and a commitment to employee
well-being an important focus, we offer comprehensive and
competitive benefits that include medical, dental and vision
insurance (including Telehealth options) as well as a variety of
other well-being resources focused on mental, physical and
financial health. Specific benefits and well-being programs may
vary depending on where you work.
At Novolex, giving back to the local communities that support us is
important. Our Focused Giving Program prioritizes support for
organizations whose missions promote sustainability initiatives or
address food and hunger needs. We also encourage facility level
support of activities in the communities where our employees live
Training and Development
We offer constant opportunities for advancement. From skills
development to advanced education programs, training and
development programs and courses are available through Novolex
University. Programs include company and industry training
curricula, support for formal education through the Tuition
Reimbursement Program, and a Learning Management System that
supports and enhances employee skills at all levels of the
Keywords: Novolex, Covington , Manager, Business Intelligence, Executive , Covington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!