Consumer Bank Audit Manager
Company: Fifth Third Bank, N.A.
Posted on: November 19, 2019
Job DescriptionMake banking a Fifth Third betterWe connect great
people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step?
Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.GENERAL
FUNCTION:Assist in the development of a comprehensive risk
assessment and annual audit plan and manage assigned personnel and
activities associated with the completion of various phases of the
audit cycle including planning, fieldwork, reporting and wrap-up
for financial, operational and compliance audits in accordance with
established standards for the assigned lines of business/functional
areas. Participate in the execution of departmental initiatives and
administrative activities. Direct reports will include 3-5
staff/senior auditors. This position typically manages multiple
audit projects, routinely leading 4-8 auditors:Develop and manage
an integrated Audit Plan to maintain a high quality audit program
that addresses inherent risks in assigned areas. Lead Audit
activities and execution to ensure delivery of high quality results
while meeting established budgets. Optimize operational excellence
through the achievement of approved measures and metrics and
leading Division-wide projects. Direct Sarbanes- Oxley and external
audit substantive work. Maximize employee performance and talent of
Audit personnel; build team effectiveness and employee engagement
within Audit division.Responsible and accountable for risk by
openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and
personally following policies and procedures as defined.
Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and
colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive
customer experience. While operating within the Banks risk
appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing,
managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and oversight to the day-to-day execution of
the audit program:
- Develop and maintain an industry knowledge base, keeping
current on existing and emerging issues and applying that knowledge
to the Bancorp's risk-based audit program.
- Identify and communicate high-impact recommendations that
address the root cause of issues. Requests and uses relevant
information and status reports to track and report progress.
- Design and utilize tools to continually monitor
business/operational activities within areas of responsibility to
identify potential risks and evaluate the impact on the business
and related audit activities.
- Prepare and/or review deliverables to senior management of the
Audit Division and lines of business/functional areas in order to
communicate results of audit work and monitoring activities.
- Ensure audit projects are performed in accordance with
established audit standards and established budget.
- Work with line of business/functional area management to ensure
audit issues are appropriately addressed and resolved.
- Provide leadership in the development of the annual risk
assessment and audit plan:
- Develop an audit universe within assigned lines of
business/functional areas and risk assesses each auditable unit
using defined quantitative and qualitative criteria.
- Determine expected scope and budget for each auditable entity
and evaluate resource needs to ensure appropriate time is
- Propose and timely communicate changes to risk assessments,
audit plan or other audit activities as a result of continuous
monitoring and other activities.
- Optimize operational excellence and innovation through
achievement of performance measures and metrics (audit report,
issue follow-up, periodic performance review timeliness standards,
etc.) and other departmental objectives:
- Maximize teamwork and collaboration between Financial and IT
Audit and Professional Practices Group.
- Establish, foster and maintain working relationships with Audit
Division personnel, line of business management, and external
auditors to provide for effective workflow and communication.
- Provide oversight to significant system and process development
activities in assigned area.
- Participate in merger and acquisition integration
activities.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:Responsible for providing
employees timely, candid and constructive performance feedback.
Developing employees to their fullest potential and provide
challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth.
Developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench
strength and succession planning. Recognizing and rewarding
employees for accomplishments.MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Bachelor's degree in Business required; Accounting or Finance
- CPA, CIA or relevant industry certification required.
- 5+ years Fifth Third Audit or large public accounting firm
experience; or 7+ years of general industry audit or related
experience required; 2+ years supervisory experience required;
banking or financial services experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and other related PC
applications and possess a general knowledge of automated data
analysis tools and techniques.
- Sound written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to develop a consensus
among diverse groups with conflicting opinions.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment and maintain
professional composure in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands and changing
- Results and goal orientated.
- Ability to apply analytical thinking when problem solving and
developing business solutions.
- Ability to maintain objectivity in all aspects of
position.Consumer Bank Audit ManagerLOCATION -- Cincinnati, Ohio
45263Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an
engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal
employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of
race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran
status or any other legally protected
status.LocationsCincinnati-United States of America
Keywords: Fifth Third Bank, N.A., Covington , Consumer Bank Audit Manager, Executive , Cincinnati, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!