Company: New Season
Posted on: June 24, 2022
For over 30 years, New Season Treatment Centers have been a
leading national health care service provider of outpatient
treatment centers that specialize in providing safe, quality and
best in class care for individuals living with Opioid Use Disorder
Operating in over 70 treatment centers in multiple states, our team
members are engaged in medication-assisted treatment, counseling,
support, and care management of individuals living with OUD. We
treat the whole person and, in so doing, address the underlying
causes of OUD in an effort to provide a continuum of care that not
only addresses treatment needs but supports the patient on their
journey to recovery.
Under the direction and supervision of the Medical Director or
Registered Nurse for medical matters and under the direction of the
Program Director for administrative matters participates in the
promotion and restoration of patients' health, collaborates with
physicians and multidisciplinary team members; and provides support
- Supplies and administers medication pursuant to physician order
and, records dosage administered in the medical record.
- Conducts an actual sight and count inventory of the medication
- Maintains absolute accuracy in daily accounting of medication
that is supplied or administered in inventory.
- Assumes responsibility for safeguarding medication
- Collects fees in the absence of a cashier position.
- Performs daily cash reconciliation in the absence of a cashier
position; ensures all cash collected is given to Program Director
daily so the final count can be completed.
- Receives and ensures the accuracy of incoming medication
shipments; advises necessary staff of any discrepancies in a timely
- Ensures disposal of medical waste through the proper
- Observes the patient's demeanor prior to dosing and seeks
guidance from the Medical Director or Registered Nurse when an
issue or concern is noted.
- Promptly communicates patient issues or concerns to the Medical
Director or Registered Nurse for medical matters and to the Program
Director for other matters. The former includes but is not limited
to dose requests, behavior, or any other aspect of patient care
that may need to be addressed.
- Contacts other centers to verify dosages as needed.
- Administers appropriate lab tests as required including patient
vital signs, TB tests when required, and collects data for review
by Medical Director or RN.
- Schedules and screens patients to be seen by the Medical
- Assists Medical Director in collecting data for the history and
physical as required.
- Makes medical record entries as directed by the Medical
Director or RN and consistent with clinic protocol.
- Receives medical orders; ensures that medical orders are
documented and signed by the physician and ensures orders are
understood by Program Director and other staff members as
- Maintains absolute control, tracking, and confidentiality of
all patient medical paperwork.
- Complies with federal and state privacy rules, including 42 CFR
Part 2 and 45 CFR Parts 160 and 164 as well as applicable clinic
policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for obtaining and maintaining proper licensure
and/or certification according to specific state requirements.
- Actively participates in CARF preparation and state audit
- Participates in all staff meetings.
- Complies with all Local, State, Federal, and company rules,
regulations, and policies.
- Acts always in the best interest of patients, the program, and
company; honors, supports, and protects the proprietary rights of
patients and the company.
- Interfaces with the public and patients by answering phones,
greeting visitors, and monitoring patient activities while on
- Must provide nurse services for multiple clinical locations as
assigned and needed.
- Performs other duties as
requiredEducation/Licensure/Certification: Has and maintains
required nursing licensure within the state in which work is being
Required Knowledge: Understanding of opiate addiction, medical
terminology.General nursing knowledge and techniques. Basic
mathematics skills. Must be computer literate and have basic
knowledge of all Microsoft products including Word, Outlook and
Excel. Must have basic typing skills.
Experience Required: Minimum of 1 year direct patient contact.
Prior experience in clinical environment helpful.
Skill and Ability: Must possess excellent customer service and
interpersonal skills. Must have great attention to detail and be
extremely accurate in performing daily functions.
40Covington Treatment Center
Keywords: New Season, Covington , Travel Nurse, Healthcare , Covington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!