Principal Software Engineer - Customer Data Protection & Disposal Engineer
Company: Fidelity Investments
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Principal Software Engineer - Customer Data Protection & Disposal
Fidelity's Workplace Services is seeking to hire a principle
software engineer to join their customer data protection & disposal
This individual should be an independent self-starter who will
partners as a key member of the data protection squad. This role
will demonstrate a variety of technologies and will need to
communicate with various teams within Fidelity.
We are looking for a software engineer who has a strong technology
experience, notable communication skills, and the ability to
network across functions, agile product domains and other business
units/functions. The data protection space requires a broad
understanding of both legacy and cloud solutions.
Knowledge of financial services terminology is preferred. But, not
The Workplace Services vision is to ensure that data is protected
and managed throughout its lifecycle so that we protect our
customers, improve reliability, and minimize our data
In our drive to modernize our business solutions we are seeking a
software engineer to partner with development teams to identify and
automate solutions which will purge data based on its lifecycle
and/or other defined scenarios. Therefore, the candidate must have
a very strong distributed platform and cloud development background
with mainframe engineering a plus. We are organized within WI in
agile squads that dynamically produce business solutions and thus
the candidate must be a strong leader and teammate focused on
consistent delivery of quality capabilities.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
* Deep experience (5-8+ years) of analysis, designing, and
development in complex mainframe environments applying JCL, COBOL,
and SQL technologies.
* Experience in sophisticated systems development initiatives
focused on Recordkeeping, Data, and similar areas with hands-on
* Experience with complex Mainframe capabilities.
* Demonstrated work experience analyzing current mainframe
capabilities, data flows, interconnections. and creating
non-functional/technical requirements based off findings.
* Proven track record as an outspoken peer technical leader with
peer coaching and strong communications and presentation skills
working across collaborative teams to deliver high quality data
* Have an innovation approach and demonstrated technical curiosity
to learn and apply new technologies in the rapidly evolving data
technology landscape and a desire to help coach and teach others
what you leaned
* You should have an analytical and consulting mindset- being
fearless in asking engaging questions to help tease out
requirements details and to offer up technical implementation
options across technical team.
* You have a strong focus on stability and resiliency through the
application of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles.
* You are passionate for data and how data is an asset that
requires protection and active management/controls
* You are described by others as intellectually curious and/or a
* You are a continuous learner who seeks to transform and
* You have built trusted strong working relationships
* You work well independently but enjoy the power of being part of
* Your ability to balance team and individual responsibilities has
been demonstrated by your success in gaining consensus or your
ability to influence others without authority
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
* Experience with data lineage and customer protection and data
disposal are a plus
The Value You Deliver
* Thriving in a dynamic, fast paced, high energy environment
* As a principal software engineer, you will drive platform
improvements that are specific to customer protection and data
disposal with specific responsibilities for providing technical
leadership in data engineering.
* You will be responsible for delivery assignments and participate
in a healthy dose of forward-looking experimentation on emerging
technologies or advanced concepts in mature technologies.
* You have experience in large volume data implementations, Data
Analysis, application platform development for a global customer
* As you deliver business solutions to The Cloud you will have a
strong focus and assurance on stability and resiliency through the
application of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles.
* Executing enterprise data protection strategies in line with the
organization's business strategy and objectives:
* Reducing risk associated with the misuse of data through proper
disposal and archival processes
* Partnering with platform owners to expand the completeness and
richness of the data protection solutions
* Ensuring adherence to data policies, standards, data sharing
agreements and data disposal rules
* Delivering solutions which reinforce your commitment to purpose
and value proposition we have for data protection
* Collaborating with partners and squad members to ensure ongoing
training and education
* If you are a highly motivated and responsive teammate, with a
"Can do" attitude who is able to multi-task and work under minimal
supervision, this role is for you.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to
strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people
invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and
non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees.
And we provide institutions and independent advisors with
investment and technology solutions to help invest their own
At Fidelity, you'll find endless opportunities to build a
meaningful career that positively impacts peoples' lives, including
yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you
through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at
work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award
, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work
in 2022. And you don't need a finance background to succeed at
Fidelity-we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can
build the career you've always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way
that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and
offsite through what we're calling " Dynamic Working
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a
diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities
who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview
process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR
Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com
(mailto:email@example.com) , or by calling 800-835-5099,
prompt 2, option 3.
We welcome those with experience in jobs such as Software
Developer, Computer Technician, and Computer User Support
Specialist and others in the Computers and Technology to apply.
Keywords: Fidelity Investments, Covington , Principal Software Engineer - Customer Data Protection & Disposal Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Covington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!