IT Support Engineer I
Company: Amazon.com Services LLC
Posted on: July 18, 2021
About OpsTech IT
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for
our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver
tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide,
every day. OpsTech IT provides nonstop global IT support to Amazon
Operations as a vital piece to the puzzle. We are looking for
self-motivated individuals to take on new challenges and motivate
teams in fostering solutions to the hurdles we face. Together, we
take ownership for what we do — whether supporting IT
infrastructure, developing new technology in-house, launching a new
Amazon Operations facility, or delighting our customers by
delivering packages directly to them.
About The Role
As an IT Support Engineer I, you will use your knowledge and
specialized skills to implement technical solutions and provide
high quality support for computer hardware, operating systems, or
enterprise application software. You are able to determine when it
is appropriate to deviate from a standard practice to accomplish
the desired result. You can troubleshoot and solve straightforward
problems that do not have defined SOPs.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including
comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching
401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait
there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because
jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be
your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Network engineering and troubleshooting, data cabling and systems
administration in a variety of software and hardware
· Ensuring infrastructure networking and computing systems remain
available during production hours.
· Interacting with management and staff to provide analytical and
technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT
· Managing local technical projects.
· Maintaining or creating policies, procedures, and processes.
· Identifying root-causes of operational issues and process
· Moving up to 49lbs as well as standing and walking during shifts
lasting up to 12 hours.
· Traveling up to 25% of the time.
· 1+ years IT experience with client, server, and network service
· 2+ years or experience with networking concepts such as DNS,
DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
· High School or equivalent diploma
· 2+ years of experience of troubleshooting in a multi-user high
· 2+ Years of experience in a professional environment
· 2+ years of experience in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment,
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or IT related field
· Industry relevant certifications such as: CompTIA A+, CompTIA
Network+, Cisco/CCNA, Linux (Redhat), Microsoft hardware
· Data center infrastructure and facilities experience
· Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
· Ability to manage high priority projects
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is
an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Keywords: Amazon.com Services LLC, Covington , IT Support Engineer I, Other , Covington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!