Posted on: November 12, 2021
Job Description Title: Systems Engineer Reports to: Technical
Services Supervisor Classification: Exempt Position Type: Full-time
SUMMARYThe Network Engineer is responsible for the administration,
operation, and maintenance of our customers' networks. This role
provides ongoing support by troubleshooting hardware and software
issues. The engineer is responsible for developing and deploying
new hardware and software solutions to meet the IT needs of our SMB
customers. The engineer (working with our sales team) is
responsible for making proactive recommendations on how new IT
solutions could positively impact our customer's business. The
engineer acts as our clients' representative to their partners and
vendors, and provides guidance on a variety of technical solutions.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance for all IT issues on
our customers' networks; serves as an escalation resource for
others as needed.
- Provides remote and on-site network management and support for
customers as assigned.
- Assists with long and short-term planning functions for
information technology maintenance, upgrades, purchases, and
- Recommends new technologies and solutions to proactively
supports client environments.
- Designs implements and supports new hardware, software and
other solutions to assure the best technology is being leverage to
support our clients' business needs and their growth.
- Assesses technical risks and mitigation plans.
- Establishes and maintains networks, servers, and systems by
designing, proactively managing, and troubleshooting systems and
- Engages with clients about their needs and communicates any
concerns to management.
- Maintains a professional appearance and interactions with
- Performs other related duties as required. ---DESIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 3-5 years of experience or more with broad technical knowledge
of servers, server operating systems, network design and
implementation, PC and software, support and general network
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies
or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience,
education, and training. Completion of any industry certification
including MCSE, MSCA, MCTS, MCP, CCNA, Security +, Network +.
- Strong hands-on/practical experience with Windows Server,
Office 365, Disaster Recovery Solutions, Active Directory,
Firewalls (SonicWALL and Cisco), Terminal Services, VPNs, DNS,
DHCP, Hyper-V Virtualization, and more.
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Windows driven software,
hardware, and networks.
- Strong technical and problem solving skills. A good
understanding of technical troubleshooting methodology. Ability to
facilitate problem solving among customers with varying needs and
- Ability to assess user needs to develop and implement
- Ability to think on your feet in stressful/time sensitive
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective personal and
consultative relationships with customers and other employees.
Overall superb customer service skills.
- Excellent time management and people skills often requiring
flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and follow up.
- Ability to always act with a high level of
- Ability to continually learn and keep current on IT industry
knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work well in a teams or individually.
- Ability to stay motivated, be a self-starter, and work with
- Experience using ticketing systems like ConnectWise and RMM
(remote monitoring and management) tools like Kaseya, Automate, or
Continuum is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in IT consulting or working for an IT
Managed Service Provider (MSP) is a BIG plus!
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision with very competitive rates
- Paid Vacation/Sick/Personal time
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- Ongoing Training
CULTUREAt C-Forward, we always strive for "Happy Employees, and
Happy Customers." Without Happy Employees, we can't live out our
mission of having our employees, customers and community succeed.
We offer a flexible work environment with employees working from
the office, our client locations, and home. Work life balance is
very important to us. We have a very strong team, which we always
try to treat like family. The above is intended to describe the
general content of and the requirements for the performance of this
job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the
duties, requirements and responsibilities. If you're looking for a
great opportunity with a stable company that values their employees
above everything else, please apply now through Linkedin
(preferred) or send your salary requirements and current resume to
. No recruiters please.
Keywords: C-Forward, Covington , Systems Engineer, Other , Covington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!