Front Desk Supervisor Part-Time
Company: Spire Hospitality
Posted on: November 18, 2021
At the Cincinnati Marriott at RiverCenter hotel, we are seeking an
energetic, friendly and inviting personality to join our team- if
this is you, please feel free to apply. We are seeking to fill a
part-time front desk supervisor position. Your duties will include
the list below:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide
clear direction to staff. Assign and instruct guest service
representatives in details of work. Observe performance and
- Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome.
Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand
requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate
information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Promptly complete the registration process by inputting and
retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent
information including number of guests and room rate. Promote
marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on
guest needs. Code electronic keys. Nonverbally confirm the room
number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing keys,
certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
Close out guest accounts at time of check out. In the event of
dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include
authorizing revenue allowances.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using
electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance
an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers
checks and other forms of payment. Perform accurate moderately
complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to
guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English
language. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and
communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages
and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations
and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for guest
service representatives and other employees. Resolve customer
complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the
situation and identifying the most effective solutions. Make
decisions and take action based on previous experience and good
judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual
situation. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only
after other alternative solutions have been offered.
- Summon guest service personnel for assistance to escort guest
to their rooms as appropriate.
- Prepare daily forecast of expected arrivals and
- Provides safety deposit boxes for guest by escorting them to
the vault room, assisting the customer in opening the deposit box
lock. File access slips in box.
- Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming
transmissions. Notify guests of incoming faxes using the message
function of the computer.
- Use the photocopier to make copies of items as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills
Experience and Skills
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and
abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can
perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external
customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and
- Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use of
a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical
calculations without error.
- Ability to listen effectively and to speak English
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a
moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to stand, walk and continuously perform behind the
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and prepare
complex reports of room availability and revenues generated.
- Ability to analyze and make judgments.
We offer part-time benefits that include vision & dentals plans as
well as hotel discounts!
Spire Hospitality is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran
The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using
the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster () and the following
link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy
Keywords: Spire Hospitality, Covington , Front Desk Supervisor Part-Time, Other , Covington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!