Company: Park Lawn Corporation
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Why Work for Park Lawn?
- At every level, our dedicated team members display a strong
work ethic and commitment to our core values, respect for the
family, the profession, and the individual.
- Work with leading experts in the funeral and cemetery
- Financial assistant programs encouraging employees through
education and development in industry related subjects.
- Robust Health and Welfare Plans, and savings account options,
designed to support your personal needs, enhance well-being and
help navigate life's challenges.
- Rich 401k and Roth Retirement Plan options available for both
Full Time and Part Time employees along with a Company
- Variety of Vacation, Personal Days and Sick Days based on your
role emphasizing the importance of physical and emotional
replenishment for our team.
- Employee Discounts on services, merchandise, and property to
help our team members in their time of need.
- We value honesty, courage, integrity, ethical behavior and the
development of personal growth.
- We are rooted in the communities to provide a personal touch to
every family we serve.
- We believe in the value of funeral and cemetery service,
drawing on decades of experience to create the best experience for
This position is responsible for the care, maintenance, safety and
security of the employees and visitors while ensuring staff is
maintaining the overall upkeep and appearance of the property.
- Maintains a safe working environment by training the grounds
crew the proper use of all equipment used and compliance with the
appropriate regulations i.e. OSHA and EPA.
- Assumes responsibility that the Family wishes, and Company
policies, standards and procedures are following the physical
components of the memorialization process, up to and including site
preparation for the service.
- Responsible for overseeing that the grounds crews adhere to the
specific location dress code and/or not wearing unprofessional or
inappropriate styles of dress or hair.
- Documents employee performance, disciplinary issues and make
recommendations to the local management team for action to be
- Completes and maintains appropriate inventory logs that include
equipment, supplies, merchandise, safety equipment, and maintenance
- Accountable for overall care of the cemetery to include
installing headstones, memorials or vaults and all aspects of
grounds keeping i.e. chemicals. mulching, pruning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Accountability for Others.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Detail Orientation.
- Time Management.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications and Licensure
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education,
training and experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years cemetery grounds experience is strongly
- Valid state issued driver's license in good standing and
acceptable driving record.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Able to read, write and speak English fluently. Bilingual in
Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to supervise maintenance employees.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task with interruptions.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to operate maintenance equipment and machinery
including backhoe and other lawn equipment.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- The duties associated with this position are generally
performed in an outdoor setting.
- Outdoor duties may require exposure to natural elements such as
inclement weather, extreme temperatures, uneven ground, dust, gas,
- Equipment used to perform the essential function of this
position includes, hand-held tools and equipment, including but not
limited to shovels, picks, rakes, sledgehammers, lawn mowers, weed
trimmers and sod cutters
- Employees in this role are regularly required to climb, sit,
stand, bend, kneel, and frequently lift to 75 pounds and may be
required to lift to 100 pounds.
- This position may also require reaching, pushing, and
- This position may also be exposed to chemicals and/ or blood
borne pathogens. Exposure risk is considered: Low
- This position may require up to 10 percent out of area and
- Travel is primarily local occurring during the business day
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Park Lawn Corporation, Covington , Grounds Superintendent, Other , Covington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!