Company: R.A Jones
Posted on: November 13, 2022
R.A Jones is one of the worlds leading providers of primary and
secondary packaging machinery to the food, pharmaceutical, dairy
and consumer goods industries. The company holds more than 70
worldwide patents across seven machinery brands, covering a wide
range of solutions from improving shelf life of fresh meats to
efficient filling of pouches, cups and bottles, as well as aerosol
production and creative carton construction. The North American
resources include four manufacturing plants and more than 800
US-based staff members. Brands that are part of the R.A Jones
portfolio include: KartridgPak, Autoprod, Holmatic, Aerofill,
Dawson and Map Systems, as well as Jones, our namesake brand.
The Mechanical Project Engineer acts in a project leading capacity
and plans, develops, coordinates and directs large engineering
projects or a number of small projects with complex features.
- Provides leadership and management for assigned projects.
- Assists in planning, developing, and coordinating large
- Estimates personnel needs and schedules and assigns work to
meet completion date.
- Acts as a technical consultant to assist in presenting
solutions to the customer; Assist in solving field acceptance
- Provides initial analysis of budget requirements for specified
- Accountable for achieving all assigned engineering projects and
objectives within the established strategy, ensures functionality
while meeting specifications.
- Ensures that project and order engineering tasks assigned or
when supervising others on a project are achieved within the
established budget, schedule, and priority.
- Responsible for engineering design reviews, ensuring fit,
function and accuracy of engineering.
- Keeps leaders informed on status of assigned projects by
providing briefings and data when required or requested.
- Follows-up with other functional departments on project tasks
to ensure critical job or project items are completed within the
- Provides performance input on personnel who functioned as key
players on projects. Requirements:
- Direct supervision received is minimal, with assignment given
in terms of general objectives and project specific limits.
- Requires an B. S. in related engineering discipline or
- 8- 12 years of preferred experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with SolidWorks, EPDM, SAP,
IES, other engineering support tools and windows software.
- Working knowledge of mechanical components and systems, their
uses and application in the manufacturing processes.
- Must be able to design, and produce assembly, and detail
drawings, BOM, timing diagrams, and related project support
documentation including design basis and theory of machine
- Has good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills to promote the team
concept required for quality order execution.
- Normally will coordinate work of up to four engineering
Keywords: R.A Jones, Covington , Mechanical Engineer, Other , Covington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!