Converting Machine Operator
Company: HOOD CONTAINER CORPORATION
Posted on: November 13, 2022
POSITION TITLE: Converting Machine Operator REPORTS TO:
Converting Supervisor SUMMARY Responsible for all activities
associated with running the Rotary Die Cutter or Flexo Folder Gluer
including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements
to operations. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set-up rails, print, and die cut section on Flexo accurately in
accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Inspect all dies before and after run to ensure that any
necessary repairs are made before the next run.
- Ensure all bolts for cutting dies are in place and tightly
- Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to, loose
liner, warp, correct size, and print.
- Check anilox rolls for damage.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the
machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Train and assist First Helper, Flexo Stacker, and Bundlers with
job duties on the machine.
- Cross-train on other machines.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner,
including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational
Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed
repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Switch duties with First Helper as necessary.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including
safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for
optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- The employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating
Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer
satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually
and communicated to the employee.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEHigh
school diploma or GED.Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- 6 months' experience as a Press Department First Helper.
- 6 months' experience in the Press and Finishing Department.
LANGUAGE SKILLSAble to read and follow instructions on factory
masters. MATHEMATICAL SKILLSAble to read a tape measure with speed
and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as
percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts
of high school math. REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common
sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written,
oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one
or more concrete variables in standardized situations.TECHNICAL
- The individual must have a working knowledge of the
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into
- Product layouts and production specifications
- Product quality specifications
- Quality standards PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties
of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and
talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to
sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. WORK
ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
frequently exposed to hot and/or humid as well as cold conditions.
The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles,
vibrations, louder than normal environments, and high paced
atmosphere. This position is for 1st Shift (Day Shift) : Monday -
Friday : 6:00 AM - 3:30 PM Saturday * If Needed* (Overtime) 6:00 AM
- 3:30 PM PI196495122
Keywords: HOOD CONTAINER CORPORATION, Covington , Converting Machine Operator, Other , Covington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!