Container Driver Non CDL
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 10, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: A Container Delivery Driver ? Non CDL is
responsible for safely operating a vehicle and providing prompt,
courteous and complete container delivery and removal services for
residential and/or commercial customers. In addition, the Container
Delivery Driver - Non-CDL is responsible for ensuring his/her
vehicle is in compliance with the Company?s safety standards prior
to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and
federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the
vehicle, and completes vehicle condition reports (?VCRs?) on a
daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a
- Performs complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the
vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure,
fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper
working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Safely operates a truck along designated route, or within yard,
and to delivery area; read route sheet, follow map and service each
customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the
dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Operates manual and automatic controls in accordance with
Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load containers
at the designated facility.
- Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers and others on
a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a
- Perform minor repairs to containers on site or in the container
- Cleans areas around an accidental waste spill, ensuring
adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Continuously monitors the condition of the vehicle to ensure it
is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time.
- Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition
Report (?VCR?) and other reports, as necessary.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in the Company?s ReSOP program.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer
expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative
manner toward customers and co-workers.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and
follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth;
promotes the Company?s safety standards; does not take
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all
- Valid driver?s license.Republic Services is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Covington , Container Driver Non CDL, Other , Covington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!