Maintenance Utility Worker Technician
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Maintenance Utility Worker Technician
This is an Operations position responsible for checking oil,
fluids, tire pressure and fueling all equipment.
- Fuel every piece of delivery equipment daily.
- Check all fluid levels of power equipment daily.
- Assist fleet shop when needed.
- Work with both fleet shop and night warehouse management to
ready equipment for use.
- Assist Wash Bay Associate as needed.
- Keep parking lot clean and free of debris.
- Assist the night truck spotters organize the truck yard.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or
equivalent, or one to three months related experience and/or
training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations
- Ability to learn to drive and back-up tractor trailers and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We re looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Covington , Maintenance Utility Worker Technician, Professions , Covington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!