Accounts Payable Analyst
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Why Choose Us?
Novolex - is a leader in packaging innovation, choice and
sustainability. We manufacture products in paper, plastic and
sustainable materials for the food, retail, health and industrial
Our Sustainability Commitment
The Novolex sustainability vision is built upon three pillars: our
products, our operations and our people. Each is critically
important to our growth and future as a business. These pillars
form the foundation of our company-wide commitment to
sustainability, helping us achieve our ambitious goals through our
How You'll Perform the Role
The Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible for timely reviewing
and processing of payables within a customer service oriented team
environment. A key function of their role will be to research and
properly address all issues that arise within the automated
payables environment, including contacting vendors, communicating
with key department managers within the company, troubleshooting
system setup issues, etc. The Accounts Payable Analyst will use
tools and databases to query, analyze, report, and deliver timely
and actionable information to aid the department in driving service
and efficiency. The Analyst will perform a variety of duties with
multiple priorities requiring the ability to complete each process
accurately and to achieve deadlines. This position works within an
accounting team and is able to step in where needed for the
greatest overall team success.Essential Functions & Key
- Work effectively utilizing multiple systems including ADP A/P
system, ERP systems, etc. Must work effectively in a paperless
- Work with daily interface feeds to balance, review, and resolve
issues before posting transactions
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing
of invoices and purchase orders working with purchasing and
receiving departments as needed. Configures workflow as needed for
automated approval/coding going forward.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routing internal
and external inquiries concerning account status, including
communicating resolution to stakeholders.
- Complete check/payment cycles to pay vendors in accordance with
company policy and vendor payment terms. Handle special check
requests as needed.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for complex bills.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Maintain vendor relations through timely phone calls and
research as needed.
- Assist with the preparation and issuance of 1099's.
What We Need From You
- General understanding of economic and accounting principles and
- Critical thinking and reasoning abilities to identify issues as
- Ability to understand and foresee implications of new
information for current and future problem solving.
- Ability to weigh relative costs and benefits of potential
actions and to choose the most appropriate option.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high
attention to detailEducation and Experience
- Three to five years' experience coding invoices, developing and
maintaining vendor relationships, and obtaining invoice
- One to three years' experience handling check runs, creating
spreadsheets for billing purposes, and coordinating travel and
- Experience in a paperless environment with electronic workflow
with a recent version of an automated AP software.
- Up to one year experience batching invoices and checking
- High School diploma or equivalent; 2 year Associates degree in
What You'll Get From Us
BenefitsWith safety as our top priority and a commitment to
employee well-being an important focus, we offer comprehensive and
competitive benefits that include medical, dental and vision
insurance (including Telehealth options) as well as a variety of
other well-being resources focused on mental, physical and
financial health. Specific benefits and well-being programs may
vary depending on where you work.
Community EngagementAt Novolex, giving back to the local
communities that support us is important. Our Focused Giving
Program prioritizes support for organizations whose missions
promote sustainability initiatives or address food and hunger
needs. We also encourage facility level support of activities in
the communities where our employees live and work.
Training and DevelopmentWe offer constant opportunities for
advancement. From skills development to advanced education
programs, training and development programs and courses are
available through Novolex University. Programs include company and
industry training curricula, support for formal education through
the Tuition Reimbursement Program, and a Learning Management System
that supports and enhances employee skills at all levels of the
Job Reference: US00488
Keywords: Novolex, Covington , Accounts Payable Analyst, Professions , Covington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!